Recently, I published a dashboard that took a broad look at PPP loan data. Over the past few weeks, I looked deeper into that data set in order to pull more interesting findings from it.
Before you take a look, here are the most significant highlights in my opinion:
- Spelling mistakes were prominent. Out of some of the 9 largest cities in the USA, there were more than 100 spelling variations.
- About 4000 investment-related firms took out loans totaling between 1 and 3 billion dollars. This is interesting because investment fees and activities were at record highs during lockdowns.
- The top 10 industries by loan count were heavily in-person industries, indicating that loans were distributed largely to businesses who needed them most.
- The hardest part about making dashboards for Tableau Public
- Fails to Deliver and GameStop – A Look Inside
- My Top 5 Quick Tips for Speeding Up Development in Tableau Desktop
- 2020 Presidential Election: Florida early and mail-in voting participation
- Twitter still hasn’t unlocked the New York Post’s account
While the dashboard has been developed for mobile as well, the viewing experience will probably be better on desktop.
Like this post? Enter your email below to subscribe for more visualizations and Tableau related posts.