Recently, I published a dashboard that took a broad look at PPP loan data. Over the past few weeks, I looked deeper into that data set in order to pull more interesting findings from it.
Before you take a look, here are the most significant highlights in my opinion:
- Spelling mistakes were prominent. Out of some of the 9 largest cities in the USA, there were more than 100 spelling variations.
- About 4000 investment-related firms took out loans totaling between 1 and 3 billion dollars. This is interesting because investment fees and activities were at record highs during lockdowns.
- The top 10 industries by loan count were heavily in-person industries, indicating that loans were distributed largely to businesses who needed them most.
- Quick Tip: How to develop more efficiently with big data sets Tableau Desktop
- Quick Tip: The MAKEDATE Function in Tableau Desktop
- Quick Tip: Hide the Null indicator in Tableau Desktop when you don’t want to filter the data
- The hardest part about making dashboards for Tableau Public
- Fails to Deliver and GameStop – A Look Inside
While the dashboard has been developed for mobile as well, the viewing experience will probably be better on desktop.
Like this post? Enter your email below to subscribe for more visualizations and Tableau related posts.